Pennsic 35

I haven't been able to attend Pennsic since 1998 due to school and having a new born, so it was great to attend this year! Especially since I could visit with so many of my friends from NC there. There were over 11,500 people there this year. It's so amazing that an entire gathering of this size is set up and torn down in a matter of 2 weeks! This first picture is of us in Roman garb, and our tent can be seen in the photo in the back. Drake loved camping, and all the people we were staying with in camp were great!

I spent most of my time with Drake shopping, and sewing during his naps. He had alot of fun being pulled around the market place and battle field in his little red wagon. It was so cute! I went to a meeting of SCA librarians - it was so great to be with a group of folks who were so similar to myself. It's what I needed to feel comfortable at Pennsic this year. I also attended a chemise party. It was great fun! There were only female guests and I was pampered and entertained. I returned to camp that day just in time to change a poopy diaper!
The second picture is of the last field battle at Pennsic War 35. My kingdom, AEthelmearc, was allied with the East and we won the week long War! For this picture, I'm standing in the castle (unfortunately I didn't get any good pictures of the castle). My kingdom and it's allies are colliding from the right. I was sharing my crenelated vantage-point with a pregnant woman who was having Braxton-Hicks contractions while video taping the war for her husband. It was their first Pennsic. She ended up calling her friend on her cell phone and left right after the battle.
Overall, I had a great, relaxing time. There are a few things we need to do differently the next time we go. And being on the Serengetti (an area of the camp grounds) was hot! but great because we were so close to the battle field and merchants. It came in handy a few times when Drake fell asleep in the wagon, it wasn't too far to bring him back to camp to finish his nap.

4 Comments:
I just LOVE the stories! And I still think it'd be a great Christmas card: the 3 of you in Renaissance garb.Think about it. :)
By
Aunt Diana, at 5:36 AM, August 23, 2006
Yay, Pennsic! I also that pic of the three of you is great - but Drake always looks like such a grump, but in the cutest way.
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 6:10 AM, August 23, 2006
Um, I also think..."Think" would be the word I left out up there.
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 6:10 AM, August 23, 2006
Thanks for the compliment! We only took about 3 pictures the whole week and that one of the three of us came out the best.
By
Angelique, at 9:46 AM, October 25, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home