Holiday Break
We had lots of fun over the holiday break visiting friends, families, and at home. We celebrated 3 christmases and 1 christmas eve get-together. For New Year's, I stayed home and caught-up on watching TV shows, and I watched the ball drop. We finally cleaned our bedroom so we could fit the exercise bike indoors - yay! Now the trick will be to keep it tidy.
L's aunt and uncle gave Drake a giant dinosaur skeleton. We had alot of fun putting it together and Drake enjoys having it in his room. After the dinosaur was erected, the boys (aka my husband and son) decided they would smash the foam to pieces in various ways like pretending they were playing sword-fighting, or karate chopping it. They cleaned it up as best they could but I find these little foam beads everywhere from the stuff!
Drake had gotten LOTS of stickers in his stocking this year and he has started sticking them everywhere like the pillar in our living room, the back of the couch, the wall, the floor and the fridge. I didn't really understand why people let their kids put stickers on the windows in their car until this past week. He has so much fun talking about the characters and making-up stories, and it doesn't really hurt anything.
Neither one of us felt like cooking over the break, so we ate prepared food most of the time. One night we bought food from Wegman's; we like their pizza. We also stopped by the pastry shop to pick-up dessert. Drake picked this little thing they called a petite forte, it was some sort of layered candy I think. Regardless, I made sure it didn't have nuts in it. It was expensive for the size and we got it for him. I have no idea what it tasted like, but it must have been good because he ate the whole thing in no time!

2 Comments:
just be careful with the postage stamp stickers. they're just as fun and don't come off so easily.
By
Hokey, at 10:17 AM, January 03, 2008
Thanks for the heads-up!
By
Angelique, at 6:57 AM, January 04, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home