Angelique's Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Proliferation of Artwork

I think creating artwork is a terrific way for kids to develop their imaginations and express what they are thinking about. Drake makes a lot of artwork in preschool! We have one wall in our house dedicated to Drake's artwork and we have run out of space. Thr fridge is full too! It's a difficult decision - which ones do you keep and which ones do you throw away. We had some great advice from one of L's friends. Take pictures of the artwork, and keep just a few. The ones you don't keep you can use as wrapping paper or make into cards. This is a great idea because I just can't get myself to throw it away. The artwork is so interesting. To see the placement of the facial features, clothes, and body parts, as well as which body parts and facial features are missing; it gives you a view from Drake's eyes. I think it may also be time for me to hang more of his artwork in my office :)


So here is the first picture taken of Drake's artwork, followed by 2 detailed pictures of the same piece. This was done on an easel using paint. He made this picture at the local Family Resource Center. My husband and son had a lot of fun there.


Mommy: What is this a picture of?


Drake: Blue, Yellow and Green


Mommy: What did you draw?


Drake: I don't know.


Mommy: What were you thinking when you made it?


Drake: A shark.

4 Comments:

  • we have two of Boy's paintings on our family room wall in frames. he has a large-ish plastic box under his bed for all the art he wants to keep.

    By Blogger Hokey, at 8:08 PM, January 12, 2008  

  • The 2nd painting looks like a big sad monster. He must have had lots of fun painting them!!

    By Blogger Mommy America, at 3:02 PM, January 20, 2008  

  • That's a good idea - letting the kids choose which artwork we keep. Also framing the beautiful ones too.

    Oh - he loves it! We will be getting him an easel. We found a nice one at IKEA that is reasonably priced.

    By Blogger Angelique, at 9:31 AM, January 21, 2008  

  • I LOVE the paintings! I too put special paintings, written stories and cards from family and friends in a box under the child's bed. I still have them!!! Good luck with saving Drake paintings. I take one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 PM, January 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home