Angelique's Blog

Monday, January 21, 2008

Wood Floors & Football Jerseys


When I got out of the shower on Sunday my husband and son were wearing football jerseys! Not wanting to miss out on a family activity I asked where my jersey was (knowing I don't have one). And my husband pulled a jersey out of his closet that I could borrow. It's funny that when L used to wear his jerseys I didn't care that I didn't have one to wear. Now that there are 3 of us, if 2 of us are doing something the third person tries to join in, even if its an activity we would normally never do. Just so we don't feel left out. When L and Drake are playing and I start to feel left out, sometimes I find myself doing things for attention (L does it too). It's really funny because I never behaved this way before we had a kid - not even when I was growing up past the age of 10 or 12.


Oh yeah - I got a haircut! This isn't a good picture of it, but I like it. It's a lot shorter and in layers which gives my hair some body. I figured I would try a new hair style for 2008.


Wood floors... L and I have been talking about home projects. We have a really nasty carpet in the main room of the house, lots of stains, and we were thinking about installing wood floors in 2009. Since our house is old, built in the 1920's, a friend of mine suggested we lift-up the carpet and see what was underneath. I opened the heating registers and pulled back the carpet and padding - sure enough we have wood floors under the carpet! This drastically changes our home improvement plans. We would rather use the existing floor, but we won't know the condition of the floor until we remove the carpeting and padding and pergo and linoleum. This project will be A LOT of work!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home