Angelique's Blog

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Happy New Year!

I planned a quick trip to visit friends in Charlotte, NC for the new year. We had so much fun. We saw lots of friends who we miss very much, we played all sorts of board games, we watched TV together, and we just hung-out. I don't have any pictures, but I have a few stories to tell.

At dinner one night everyone was telling riddles or trying to guess the answers and Drake even came-up with a riddle! "What has a long neck, a blue tongue, and is really tall?" He stumped many of us at the table. The 6 year old girl was arguing with him about the answer, a giraff. Drake became so tired of arguing he told her to stop talking and tried to cover her mouth. It was funny.

After we returned home, I asked Drake what his favorite part was of the trip. He said playing the game with the wings on it (Goth) and petting the cats.

My favorite part was just spending time with my friends, catching up, and remembering why I like them so much. It made me want to move back down there. We had a horrendous time getting back home via the airlines and this experience made me realize that we have really great friends in NY too! My husband sums-up the awful trip home on his blog post "Happy New Year"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home