First Baby Picture

Today I had my first ultrasound of the baby. The spine and skull look great, it was opening and closing it's hands, putting it's thumb in it's mouth, swallowing fluid, and the organs looked great. You could even see all the little bones in it's hands and feet. It's healthy!
We tried so hard to see the gender but we just couldn't tell. Sometimes it looked like a girl and sometimes it looked like a boy. The ultrasound technition said that if you pour Drano (with the crystals) on a plate and spit on it you can tell what the gender is. If it turns consistantly green it's a girl and if it turns brown it's a boy. I'm not sure if I will try it, maybe if I already have Drano in the house. Drake thinks it's a boy and would like a brother.
He came to the appointment with us. I asked him what he thought afterwards and he said it was good. He asked when we are going to take the baby out and I told him sometime after his birthday. This little-one is very active! It was kicking and spinning and moving it's arms everywhere! I was told I would feel the baby kicking soon. I remember Drake hardly moved, so definately a different person right from the start.
In the ultrasound above you can see the head and chest, the profile of the face, and it's fingers and thumb in front of the nose. The baby is approximately 3 inches crown to rump.
My husband posted Drake's school picture and santa picture: December post. This is the first year Drake would sit on Santa's lap. What great pictures of Drake :)

1 Comments:
I am very excited for all of you about the new baby on the way!
Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
By
Anonymous, at 6:52 AM, December 12, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home