
On Labor Day I was driving home from work and a teenager was selling some stuff in front of his house. I noticed a kids bike and thought Drake would love it. The sign said he was selling it for $10 but I only had $7 on me. So Drake has a nice bicycle for $7! We added training wheels and a horn and Drake loves it. He can peddle and use the brake. Peddling uphill is hard for him and he gets tired, so we help him by pushing him. He takes sharp turns, so you have to be next to him to catch the bike if it is tipping over. We've gone out a few times and it's been fun.

I worked over the weekend while L and Drake went to a local SCA event. It was a rainy day and Drake came home soaked through, but he had a great time catching salamanders. He caught about 20-25 salamanders. He caught the most out of all the kids and won the honorary title "Salamander Hunter" and an award. His favorite one is the red one, a red eft, and the others are red spotted salamanders. The red eft is the juvenile stage of the red spotted salamanders. We kept the salamanders for the weekend and brought them to preschool on monday. The teachers and kids at preschool loved looking at the salamanders. We let all of the adult salamanders go, and Drake wanted to keep the red eft. So we still have him for now.

At the beginning of the summer I visited Saratoga and met-up with my Aunt C and cousin. We met at the mall at the 'kid corral'. Drake loves going there to climb, run around, and meet other kids. This last picture is one taken by my cousin that day. You can view some of his other photos at his
Picasa web page.
Summer is almost over, the leaves are starting to turn colors around here, the nights are getting cold. My husband loves fall. I opened my sweater drawer for the first time this week since winter. Laters.
1 Comments:
Oh man, I want a red eft! That thing is so cool! Has Drake named it? I wonder where I could find salamanders around here...Hm.
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 9:38 AM, September 15, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home