SCA Event & Father's Day

We went to a local SCA Event this weekend. It was fun, for the most part. Drake and I had fun looking at the fish, salamanders, dragonflies, and searching for frogs we could hear. Drake caught a fly in his bug-catcher all by himself! It was really cool. This is the scroll L and I did for the event. L picked thw images based on Roman pottery. He also did the calligraphy on this one. I painted it. This was a super-easy one to paint! There are only 3 colors and it's basically painting in-the-lines, no fancy shading or whitework, etc.
I hope L had a good Father's Day. He had to work that evening, we didn't have a chance to go out for dinner so we ate carry-out, and Drake ended up playing with our neighbor's kids instead of spending time with us so we did yard work. On the bright side, we did go shopping and to the movies. We saw the Hulk and it was a good movie! I love the fact that the superheros from the movies might combine for an Avengers movie: Iron Man and the Hulk. I'm so excited about that.
No pictures this week, maybe next week.

1 Comments:
Marvel already has announced an Avengers movie with IronMan (after another IronMan film - Squee!), Hulk, Captain America, and Thor.
They are suppose to be standalone movies of both Thor and CA, too.
Obviously, I live with a slight comic book geek. Plus, Marvel Studios announced their lineup after IronMan had the record-breaking opening weekend.
I personally think Robert Downey JR should make cameos in every movie produced as Tony Stark. Even if they aren't Marvel films. *grin*
But the "You wont like it if I am Hungry" line had me laughing. This Hulk movie was a vast improvement over the last one.
By
libwitch, at 6:42 AM, June 25, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home