Visiting and Being Visited
So I had a great vacation. First, Drake and I visited my family then a couple of great friends of ours from NC visited us! At my parents house we did the usual - Drake played with his cousins and played outside (Drake still likes to play in the tunnel toy even though he is too big for it). He loves being able to go outside whenever he wants and playing with the big sand trucks. He went to his cousins' birthday party and had a great time playing with their toys afterwards (as seen in the last picture here - how cute!) He was so good at the party! I expected him to grab presents and try to open them because that's what I've seen other kids his age do, but he didn't!
A couple of our friends from NC visited and we had so much fun. She is linked as Spinster-In-Training on my blog. I knew I missed them, but I didn't realize how much till they were here. We went to the zoo (that's where L took this hilarious picture of Drake looking at a lizard), the Phelps Mansion - it was neat to see the victorian architecture, we were rained out of a park, we played lots of board games, and went out to eat. Good times!
I also wanted to blog about Mother's Day. I know it's a hallmark holiday, but I still enjoy the attention. This year I slept in late, received cards, a birdfeeder, and we went out to the movies to see Iron Man. The birdfeeder is fun. Thus far I've seen a black-capped chickadee, a cardinal, and a squirrel -blah. I wouldn't mind the squirrel, but he eats a lot! I watched him this morning so I know how he is getting at the feeder, so I may try to devise a way where he can't get up to the feeder. Let the battle begin! (I've been watching too much American Gladiator) Iron Man was a good movie - my favorite parts were in the middle when Stark was testing the prototype suit. I especially liked the fire exstinguisher robot - tee hee. And Drake does surprisingly well in the theater. He likes to change seats but he watches the movie. Hey - they have booster seats in the theater now. I don't remember those when I was little. What a great day... now I have to plan Father's Day.

2 Comments:
Thanks again for having us! We had a great time!
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 7:54 AM, May 27, 2008
Anytime!
By
Angelique, at 8:42 AM, May 28, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home