Memorial Day & Picture from the Vault
We had a very busy Memorial Day weekend. L had to work on saturday, then sunday & monday we were out-of-town visiting friends & family. Drake's sleep schedule is completely messed-up and we are getting him back on track. It all started with a late nap, and over the course of 1.5 weeks his schedule snow-balled to a bedtime of 1am and waking-up at 10:30am! This trip was also really hard on him; he had more melt-downs then usual. I'm wondering if it was caused by the screwey sleep schedule, or the change in environment and people, or some combination? Regardless, we had a great time and a really packed schedule. We brought Drake's car for him and his cousins to enjoy. They had a lot of fun! As you can see, they all managed to cram into it at the same time :) Travelling with the car was pretty cramped so I don't think we'll be transporting it again any time soon.
I volunteered to provide thrown weapon targets for an upcoming SCA event, Barony Wars and Bazaar. So I helped my Dad cut the wood. I did grunt work, but it was still a good time and I have the bug bites to prove it. So here is a picture of one of the logs we cut. It wouldn't fit in the saw, so we had to put it upright on the ground. I was given incorrect dimensions and my Dad had cut down a tree for the smaller dimensions. Good thing I double-checked the dimensions and my Dad had extra logs we could use for the targets. The car ride home smelled like cut pine the whole way!

So, I stumbled upon some old picts on my computer and wanted to share one of them. Here is a scroll my husband and I made. We create illuminated scrolls for the SCA that are given as awards to other members in the group. I really like the white-work I did on this one. Enjoy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home