Day with Mommy
L had to work on saturday so it was a Mommy & Son day. We bummed around the house and cleaned the living room. The whole time Drake was telling me that he likes messes and that messes make him happy. The funny thing is that when Drake woke up the next day and went downstairs with Daddy, the first thing he asked was if he could make a mess. And he did by setting multiple red trucks all over the floor. Drake and I watched a movie called "My Kid Could Paint That" about a local child painter and the controversy surrounding her work and her impact on the art community. It was an interesting documentary.
We watched the birdfeeder and saw a junco, a blue jay, and two black-capped chickadees. It was fun going through the bird book my Grandma Jean gave me when I was little, with Drake to find the birds we saw at our feeder.
We worked on two craft projects. One of which was to create fruity-cheerio necklaces. This was a lot of fun, and then we had a snack when we were done! I also brought out my scrap-booking glitter and we made pictures with glue and glitter. This was fun and Drake enjoys the texture of the dried artwork, but this was a very messy project. I am still finding glitter around.
And last but not least, we played outside - Drake's favorite past time. We picked flowers (poppies) from our backyard, which have already dropped their petals. I found two baby salamanders in our backyard and Drake loved watching them crawl around on my hand. The neighborhood kids liked them too. Last night we found a little toad hopping in our backyard. Drake's favorite thing the toad did was when he hunkered down into the grass. Drake was trying to pick him up and wasn't able to do it, then I showed him a good technique for picking up the critter. And he did all by himself! Cool.

1 Comments:
next step: salamander and toad necklaces
By
Hokey, at 12:16 PM, June 03, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home