Conference & Movie Reviews
I went to a conference in Chester, VT last week. It was a small town with not much to do, but if you drove 1 hr in any direction there was something. My family came with me and they had the most fun at the Montshire Science Museum in Norwich, VT. That's where my husband took pictures for this blog post. In the first image, Drake is standing next to a machine that allows you to listen to peepers. We love the sound of peepers. I have only ever caught 1 on my parents property in the decades that I have walked those woods. I can hear them in the evening and by the noise I think there must be hundreds. Those critters are very good at hiding!
It makes me so proud to see that Drake is developing my love for nature. He caught another toad and inch worm yesterday. And he loves the bugbox magnifier that L got for him. He has always loved being outside. We walk around our backyard and I tell him about the things there, but I can't wait for the day when we can go on nature walks and hikes together.
Lately, he can't get enough socializing with other kids. He will call to our neighbors to play with them, or he thinks they are talking to him when they aren't. He goes to preschool and is in playgroups 1-2 times per week. Apparently this isn't enough for our little guy. We also think he has stopped taking naps. It's been a week since he's had a nap. The great thing is that he has been sleeping well at night. The downside is that we, the parents, don't get any down-time. He is going all day long, non-stop!
Last, here is a video clip of Drake playing with the bubble exhibit at the science museum. Enjoy!
So I watched 2 movies recently: Elizabeth: the golden age and Balls of Fury. Balls of Fury was funny, but not as good as Dodgeball. And I think they over-did the blind-guy jokes. I was disappointed in Elizabeth: the golden age. I was expecting to watch a movie with a strong female character, but to me she came across as over emotional and lacking reason at times. In the previews I saw a clip from the scene when she is clad in armor, on a white horse, and looking majestic and heroic. But when I saw that scene in the movie I thought she was insane. Father's Day is coming up and I think L would like to see the Hulk movie in the theater. That's the next movie I am planning to see.

2 Comments:
Drake is really looking grown up now.
By
Hokey, at 4:15 PM, June 10, 2008
Drake! So cute!
I'm sorry Elizabeth: the Golden Age was a disappointment - but since it was a disappointment, I'm glad I hadn't seen it yet and now know to avoid it.
I'm also interested in the new Hulk movie - I skipped the Ang Lee one because it looked iffy, but the new one looks like it'll be pretty sweet.
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 10:53 AM, June 12, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home