Happy Independence Day
I really enjoy extended weekends. I successfully coordinated the first "Girls Day Out" and I thought it went well. My Mom, one of my Aunts and my Sister-In-Law could make it. We went to the Farmer's Market, then had lunch at Ravenous, a restaurant that serves crepes, and to end the adventure I gave a tour of the Yaddo gardens. While I was out, L, Drake, Nana and Papa had fun riding a trolly and visiting Spa State Park. The first picture is of Drake drinking the mineral water at the park. He seemed to really love this one that had lots of iron in it.
I met-up with an old friend at Congress Park. She used to be my supervisor for my job while I was in college, and we have exchanged christmas cards for years. It was great to catch-up in person and I'm looking forward to seeing her again.
My parents had a picnic. I love swimming and picnic food. We brought the slip'n slide and the cousins had a blast! They enjoyed sliding on it, moving the spraying part around, and washing-off their hands and feet in the pool part at the end. See the dirt pile next to the slip'n slide? Leave it to little boys to find it fun to create muddy water. They all needed baths that night!
Nana and Papa took us to see horses, and out to Congress Park for lunch. Drake had fun chasing the ducks at the park. We also went through some of L's toys from when he was a child. His He-Man and transformer stuff were big hits with L and Drake. Drake even enjoyed playing with the broken transformers!
It was a great weekend, but next time I will need more sleep. I was exhausted when I returned home. Thanks to Nana for all the pictures!
So we had roofers at our house this week and they found termites. So we will have the exterminator come next week. Let's hope the bill isn't too high, we spent a lot on the roof already! *finger's crossed*

1 Comments:
Enjoyed the weekend too.
The boys are lifting the shark's jaw beceuse they could see a rainbow. I saw several myself.
Rainbows are awesome!
By
Anonymous, at 8:34 AM, July 12, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home