Angelique's Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Map Room


So I worked a couple weekends in a row, and Drake and my husband visited me for a short time the second weekend. While they were at work with me, I asked my husband to take pictures of me in the Map Room for a presentation I will be giving next month. It was fun showing Drake the Map Room: explaining how to read a map, watching him explore the new environment, and staging pictures with him and ones where he wandered through. This picture is one that was not staged. Drake really was curious about these large and colorful sheets.


In the second picture, Drake is pretending to sleep on a couch in the Map Room. This is not a new sight, I often find students taking naps on this couch, and in stranger places in the library.


The last picture is a good one of me smiling in the Map Room. Laters.

2 Comments:

  • I love map rooms! We had one when I was a student assistant in Geology, and it was my favorite thing. I love the drawers.

    By Blogger kathyeffingjacobs, at 7:19 AM, September 26, 2008  

  • I think my worst moment was coming into the reference area in the main library and seeing someone asleep on one of the tables.

    I rather rudely woke them up and informed them that we had COUCHES for that, thank you very much.

    By Blogger Sarah Maximiek, at 8:40 AM, October 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home