Angelique's Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Been Awhile!

It's been awhile since I last posted. I've been busy preparing to travel (I had to prepare an oral and poster presentation), then I went to a conference, and then I picked-up an illness and have been sick for a few days. I took a day off 2 weeks ago and we did lots of family fun things. We went to the Syracuse Zoo and the Ithaca Science Center. The Zoo was ok. We arrived later then I wanted so we were rushed out of the zoo and many of the animals were not out. The pictures here are from the Science Center. We had fun there. We saw a lecturer about local amphibians and he brought lots of specimens with him.



The first picture is Drake playing with an airtube. You can send balls from one spot to another using this tube - it was neat and Drake LOVED it when the balls popped out. The second picture is Drake using a hover chair. It wasn't as exciting as it looks but it was neat. The last picture is of Drake sitting on a triceratops skull there (it must be a replica because they wouldn't let kids sit on a real fossil).

So our house is as messy as usual. No matter how much I clean it just gets messy again and this week I gave-up cleaning. Well, my husband noticed and we came up with a new cleaning system. I think I'm in charge of the rabbits, the fish, and possibly emptying the dishwasher. We'll see how it works out. How much would it be to hire a maid?

I found out that a friend of mine is divorcing her husband of 9 years! I didn't even see it coming. On the bright side, they didn't have any children. I feel old. I guess I'm heading into the age where my friends are starting to get divorced.

The leaves are falling and I don't have time on the weekends to do yardwork. So yesterday, Drake and I were outside, in the dark because it gets dark so early, raking leaves. I didn't finish the yard but I raked a few piles my husband made to the street.

Next week looks less hectic so maybe I'll be in a better mood. Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home