Lights, Party, Xmas Mahem
My husband finished putting-up our xmas lights today. This picture is from last night, he added icicle lights today that are not in the picture. We had quite a few dead strings this year and I tried to fix them by replacing the fuses to no avail. We added strings of LED lights and you can see how much more rich in color they are (the strings on the first and last bushes). I hope they work for MANY years because they are 7x more expensive then the other strings of lights.
We went to Syracuse last weekend for a friend's b-day party, it was to celebrate his 30th birthday. It was fun! Most everyone played laser tag. Me, my friend F, and our kids were given a tour of the laser tag arena, we played air hockey, video games, and a strange bowling game. Then we went out to dinner to Tully's. It was great! I was sooooooo tired afterwards!
The semester is wrapping-up here. Most of the students are just printing and handing-in their papers. We are getting LOTS of book returns, filling 2 carts per day (usually it takes a couple days to fill one cart).
As for xmas preparations... I'm a bit behind. Our cards won't be done till next week. All of the gifts are bought, but most of them need to be wrapped. We still have packages to mail. We still have cleaning to do for visiting company. And, I forgot about "christmas dinner". I saw a commercial about christmas dinner and it made me think that I should do something! This is the first year in over 10 years that we will be staying home for xmas, so I've never had to think about it before. I'm sure everything will work-out :)

3 Comments:
we're continuing to have the same fuse-related light issue. i think the LED is a good investment, provided you don't destroy them. they should last forever and use less energy.
By
Hokey, at 6:11 AM, December 19, 2008
We got LED lights this year too, for pretty cheap, actually. 40% off sale at Ace, apparently. Hopefully they'll perform well for us.
By
Scavinger, at 8:49 AM, December 19, 2008
Its good to know other folks agree on LED lights.
By
Angelique, at 9:32 AM, December 19, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home