Getting Ready for Xmas!
Since last thursday Davia has been lifting herself up to standing! Now she can reach on top of Drake's table and the coffee table - nothing is safe from her saliva and gum gnashing! It's interesting how different my two kids are. She is ahead of Drake by about a month on standing. Drake also didn't put things in his mouth and she puts everything she can grab in her mouth. If you hold her, she will even lick your clothing - she's been doing this since she was born. It's funny. She doesn't seem to have Drake's focus - I can shift her attentions fairly easily whereas I couldn't with Drake, or perhaps I'm better at it now.There are a few behaviors of hers that I am finally able to decipher. If Davia wants you to pick her up while she is crawling on the floor, she will crawl to your feet touch your feet or bump her head into your shins while she cries. If you are sitting on the floor she will try to crawl onto your lap while she cries. If you are in a different room, she will crawl to you while crying; I was sitting with her in our living room and she heard the boys playing in the dining room and she started crawling towards them while crying - it was funny that she was crying and moving. If she wants you to look at her she will give a high-pitched squeel - this usually means she is proud of something she is doing or she wants attention. I'm convinced that she says Mama when she wants me; Drake used to say Dada for both of us.
I hope we will have a nice christmas this year. There is snow on the ground and we will be able to see family, however, my shopping isn't done yet and I'm getting sick with a sore throat, headaches and runny nose. The two bottom pictures are on our Xmas cards this year, they look very nice and if you read this blog you will probably be getting them in the mail :) Happy Holidays!

2 Comments:
Look at her!!! She is too too cute. I can't believe how much bigger she looks just from Thanksgiving!
By
Unknown, at 2:56 PM, December 21, 2009
Bah humbug. Both your children are disgustingly cute. Angelique, you and your family are really putting a hamper on my child-disliking ways. :)
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 10:17 AM, December 22, 2009
Post a Comment
<< Home