
Nights are the most difficult to get used to. Davia only gets-up twice during the night, however, she seems to wake-up for food and I wake-up to pump at the same time. My husband is still working so I try not to wake him if I don't have to. So most times I find that I have to rely on formula during the night, and formula makes her gasy and irritable. So a feeding that should only take 30 minutes ends-up taking 90 minutes with a fussy baby. Needless to say, I've been very tired recently. When we had Drake, we could sleep when he slept. We were still tired but I remember feeling fine. This time, Drake has a schedule and it isn't really possible to sleep when Davia sleeps so I feel like I'm dragging through the day. I'm sure it will pass :)
Last week I experienced projectile poop! We all took a trip to JoAnn's to get some fabric for Davia's crib bedding. L and Drake went in ahead of me while I got Davia out of her car seat. Well, I heard her poop and rather then make her wear a poopy diaper I decided to change her in the front seat of the car. I open her diaper and she pushes a giant poop out at the same time and covers my shirt in poop! Keep in mind I am sitting a good 18 inches away from her rear. I try to cover and clean the mess but the poop and pee keep coming so I call my husband to come back out to the parking lot for help. L takes over the diaper changing and I try to clean my shirt with some wipes, but the poop stain and smell will not come off. Luckily, L was going to return a shirt so we had that in the car. I put that on and we finished our shopping trip.

So, we are not yet done with the nursery, but our goal is to have it pretty close this friday. The painting is done. We still have to nail-down the baseboards, L is still making the murals, I am making a mobile and curtains, and my friend is making the bedding. She has a dresser, a place for her toys, and a diaper-changing station.
I think that's about all for now. Just trying to make the transition and get to the scheduling I would like. It'll happen.
1 Comments:
She is so cute! And I love that brown dress - is the yoke crochet or lace, or just cream fabric? It's really pretty.
Sorry you got pooped on! Ew! But I think, if you didn't already have it, you totally qualify for a SuperMom badge now.
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 7:52 AM, June 22, 2009
Post a Comment
<< Home