Too Busy to Blog!

I've been so busy preparing for my three month leave that I haven't had much time to blog! The nursery is coming along. Most of the things I was storing in there have been moved out, my husband and I tore the carpeted baseboard off the walls (previous owner had screwed some of the baseboards on so we had to tear the carpet off then unscrew the baseboard!), and today my husband is going to prime the walls. This weekend, my Mom will be painting the walls. Sadly, I won't be able to help paint. Apparently the fumes are too dangerous for pregnant women. We decided not to redo the carpeting in the nursery since it was more expensive then we expected, but we would still like to redo the carpeting in Drake's room since it's so bad (it's pretty matted-down in spots and the vaccuum cleaner can't pick-up the fuzzies for some reason). My Mom and I went through Drake's baby clothes and picked the stuff that the new baby could wear. It turns out we have quite a lot of clothes, (I can't believe I'm about to say this because I don't like pink THAT much) but it would be nice to have a few girly clothes. I've been washing the clothes and putting them in the bassinet for now, the dresser will arrive some time in June and it's perfect for that room - it used to belong to L's grandmother. Still so much left to do!
A few weeks ago Atka the Wolf came to the University. It was really neat to see the wolf, but there were a lot of rules. You couldn't stand or make sudden movements, you couldn't talk, and you had to keep your hands in your lap. I took video of the wolf walking by L and Drake in the lecture hall. A wolf is quite impressive in person! Drake couldn't stay for the whole presentation, but I was happy he made it to when the wolf was introduced.
A few weeks ago Atka the Wolf came to the University. It was really neat to see the wolf, but there were a lot of rules. You couldn't stand or make sudden movements, you couldn't talk, and you had to keep your hands in your lap. I took video of the wolf walking by L and Drake in the lecture hall. A wolf is quite impressive in person! Drake couldn't stay for the whole presentation, but I was happy he made it to when the wolf was introduced.
So, I took a picture of my belly at 34 weeks (last picture), you can really see how tired I look. I've only gained 23 pounds so far! With Drake I gained 50 total! However my rings no longer fit, but that's Ok because with Drake they didn't fit starting in the second trimester! We had a 3-D ultrasound of the baby done at 34 weeks (first picture). She had her face smooshed against the side and kept sucking on her fingers so getting a good picture was hard. You can see one eye, her nose, and mouth. She has Drake's nose, and the big toe that runs in my family. We even saw hair in the regular ultrasound - I wonder what color it will be? Drake was born with a full head of black hair which gradually turned blonde. I hope to post again soon.

1 Comments:
WOW! I'm so glad you are doing well with that lil girl!
By
Annie Jane Photography, at 5:21 AM, May 19, 2009
Post a Comment
<< Home