Bunkbed, Ultrasound, Nursery
We finally assembled Drake's bunkbed. It has a full bed on the bottom and a twin on the top; Drake had been using the twin bed on the floor. Drake has really been enjoying his new bed. He can play in there for hours. The first time he went up on the top bunk he touched the posters high-up on the wall, the stars on the ceiling, and he insisted on helping me dust the ceiling fan because he could reach it. He has been sleeping on the top and the bottom bunks.
In preparation for the nursery we've begun clearing-out the spare bedroom and it's like a domino effect: we had to buy a full mattress and sheet set, assemble the bunkbeds to get them out from under my bed, then I can move the totes with my craft stuff under my bed. That's just one of the examples. Another one is installing the attic ladder, re-packing stuff in totes instead of boxes, installing the attic floor, then we can move stuff into the attic.

It took us half the day on sunday, but we finally picked wall and trim color for the nursery, and carpeting for the nursery and Drake's room. The nursery currently has pink walls with pink carpeting. ** caution - rant: I have grown to respect the color pink after shunning it for so long. Society programmed me to think it represented girls and that girls were the weaker sex, the submissive sex, and since I knew I wasn't weak I wanted nothing to do with the color pink. However, after I had a baby and had witnessed friends go through breast cancer treatments I no longer thought women, and pink, were weak. I think women are stronger than any man.** Regardless, the room is still too pink. If you look at the color palatte, the nursery walls will be Guacamole, trim and baseboard Winter Wheat, and carpet Stony Creek. Now the challenge will be scheduling the carpet installation around our busy schedules, removing the old carpeting, and clearing the rooms. I have no idea where we are going to put all of that stuff, especially the bunkbeds we just assembled!
Last, I had a doctor appointment on friday with an ultrasound to look at the growth of the baby. This is my third ultrasound for this pregnancy, seems like too many since I only had one with Drake. But oh well, other tests have changed since I had Drake too. The baby is growing normally (head size, waist size, femur size), and her body is functioning normally (she is drinking a peeing ewwww!). She weighs 3 pounds now - it's so amazing :) These last couple months she will be building-up her fat reserves and her lungs will finish developing.
2 Comments:
She is already twice the size I was when I was born! *grin*
Yeah, the domino effect of housecleaning and rearranging. Its a scary thing!
By
libwitch, at 8:26 AM, April 03, 2009
hey angelique, i just got around to reading your blog after a long hiatus, and i'm totally 100% there with you on pink... I used to not like pink as well, but it has grown on me a lot now that I am older, for similar reasons, but i'll just say that women and men are both strong in their own ways, so that makes pink a strong color to me!
By
Jen, at 11:57 AM, May 21, 2009
Post a Comment
<< Home