Easter Weekend Visit
I am still behind on my posts - oh well. On Easter weekend my family came to visit me! This is not a common occurance, usually I vist them. But since I should limit my traveling they've been visiting me more often. On good friday, my Dad and brother installed the floor for our attic storage space. With all of them helping (Dad, brother and husband) the job only took a few hours. We all thought it would take the whole day! This is a picture of my Dad dressed in his hazmat suit. He was so sweaty in that thing! The insulation made him so itchy when he installed the attic ladder last time that he didn't want to work in the attic without protection. My parents stayed through Easter morning. It was really nice to share the holiday with them, especially since we couldn't make it the family Easter Dinner and there were no events in town except church services.
Aside from my parents visiting, my brother and his family came. We went to the Discovery Center and had a great time! Drake and his cousin enjoyed burying themselves among the eggs in this nest (picture on the right), and popping out as if they were hatching. It was cute! L and Drake had fun rolling fake fruit down these channels with different textured floors. You were supposed to roll balls to see how the different texture afftected the speed, however,
there were no balls around. So they used fruit! Even my Dad and brother had fun seeing all the neat stuff like the jet plane cock pit, fire engine and ambulance. It was great, and we all had a great time!
So next week, the baby will be approximately 5 pounds and 12.5 inches (crown to rump). She is still active. Not kicking as much, but she likes to roll around a lot! She sits much lower then Drake did so I'm not getting heart burn on a regular basis, only about once per week! Nice change, with Drake I had it every day after eating, but he liked to be up higher.
This friday I'm taking my diabetes class, so I'll learn all about how to test my blood with the glucometer and how I need to alter my diet. Only 6 weeks to go!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home