Angelique's Blog

Monday, October 30, 2006

Pumkins!



By request, here is a picture of the pumpkins we carved for Halloween this year. Mine is the one on top. They are on our front porch and ready for trick-or-treaters in a couple days!

So we went to a local event called Pumpkin Glow. There were hundreds of pumpkins of all sizes carved and lit. It was inexpensive and great fun for Drake's first Halloween. This is a picture of Daddy & Drake standing in front of one of the biggest pumpkins there! This pumkin was about 1,000 pounds and was taller then Drake (there was a rope so we couldn't stand right next to the pumpkin for the picture). Drake liked the pumpkins with animal silhouettes on them.

The local fire company was there too! When we first pulled up, I thought someone was hurt or there was an accident because of all the flashing lights. The firefighters were so nice, and I was impressed that they were there on this cold day. The firetruck was there with its lights flashing, and all of the doors and compartments were open so you could see all of the stuff firefighters bring with them! I don't know where they fit the water among all those comparments! The firefighters gave Drake a firefighter hat and let him get in the truck for a picture! This was a great evening!

Guess what Drake's favorite new word has been the past couple weeks... Football! This makes his Daddy so proud. I don't enjoy watching football, but when Drake says football and puts his arms up in the air for a touch down or grabs the football and throws it - it's hard to resist changing the channel to watch the game for a bit.

5 Comments:

  • Yay pumpkins! Thanks for posting the pics. I kinda dropped the ball on making jack-o-lanterns, so it's nice to see y'all's!

    By Blogger kathyeffingjacobs, at 10:41 AM, October 30, 2006  

  • My husband carved the pumpkin on the bottom - he is an artistic person.

    Drake will be a dragon for Halloween. Hopefully I'll remember to take a picture!

    By Blogger Angelique, at 9:21 AM, October 31, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Aunt Diana, at 5:23 AM, November 01, 2006  

  • It's exciting to me that my nieces and nephews are following in my footsteps ~ complete with cameras! The photos are wonderful, Angelique; I wish I had taken them. What a beautiful child (no surprises there!). Isn't it fun to see these events through a child's eyes? I love you.

    By Blogger Aunt Diana, at 5:24 AM, November 01, 2006  

  • I get a few good pictures here and there :)

    Yeah, it is a amazing to see the world from the perspective of someone who has no experiences. It's not something you can really imagine, it's something that you experience through his expressions, or his confusion over something that seems so normal to everyone (why can't I pick up that spot on the floor, or the frog on Mommy's sock, or the tatoo on Cat's back!? Bubbles burst when I touch them? A stream of water looks solid but I can stick my hand through it!). The simple things are so amazing to him and it's so cool!

    By Blogger Angelique, at 1:06 PM, November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home