I - Eeeeeee
Say football: but-ball
Say Daddy: DaDa
Say Mommy: I-Eeeee
For about a month and a half Drake was saying my name and I thought he was just saying Hi! I just found out last week when L asked him the set of questions above. I'm so happy that he has a name for me!
This is a picture of Drake eating his first candy apple. He liked licking it. And it took him awhile to understand that he couldn't put it down anywhere when he was done - that he had to put it down on a plate because it was so sticky.
It's great because you can ask him questions and he will answer "yesssssss", "un-ah" or say nothing if he is not sure. He has also started going to bed on his own! It's usually during the regular bedtime routine and when he is ready for bed, he will walk to his bedroom and hold his arms up to be put into bed. Even if we haven't finished reading all of the books we picked out.

This second picture is of Drake watching TV in L's office. He is so cute because he turns on the TV and gets up in the chair all by himself! We keep it on the Disney Channel.
So Drake doesn't yet sleep through the night. We consulted the doctor on his last appointment and she suggested changing his diaper before we go to bed because he may be waking up due to a wet diaper. Since we feed him when he wakes up in the night, she suggested giving him water, not milk. We've tried the diaper thing before and it just wakes him up and takes him longer to go back to sleep. We tried giving him water instead of milk and it infuriated him, and he cried for hours and refused to drink the water. So I devised my own plan and started it friday night (4 days ago). Last night he woke up as usual but put himself back to sleep in less than 10 minutes! My goal was to have him sleeping through the night by Thanksgiving day and it might be a possibility. Yay!
Say Daddy: DaDa
Say Mommy: I-Eeeee
For about a month and a half Drake was saying my name and I thought he was just saying Hi! I just found out last week when L asked him the set of questions above. I'm so happy that he has a name for me!This is a picture of Drake eating his first candy apple. He liked licking it. And it took him awhile to understand that he couldn't put it down anywhere when he was done - that he had to put it down on a plate because it was so sticky.
It's great because you can ask him questions and he will answer "yesssssss", "un-ah" or say nothing if he is not sure. He has also started going to bed on his own! It's usually during the regular bedtime routine and when he is ready for bed, he will walk to his bedroom and hold his arms up to be put into bed. Even if we haven't finished reading all of the books we picked out.

This second picture is of Drake watching TV in L's office. He is so cute because he turns on the TV and gets up in the chair all by himself! We keep it on the Disney Channel.
So Drake doesn't yet sleep through the night. We consulted the doctor on his last appointment and she suggested changing his diaper before we go to bed because he may be waking up due to a wet diaper. Since we feed him when he wakes up in the night, she suggested giving him water, not milk. We've tried the diaper thing before and it just wakes him up and takes him longer to go back to sleep. We tried giving him water instead of milk and it infuriated him, and he cried for hours and refused to drink the water. So I devised my own plan and started it friday night (4 days ago). Last night he woke up as usual but put himself back to sleep in less than 10 minutes! My goal was to have him sleeping through the night by Thanksgiving day and it might be a possibility. Yay!

4 Comments:
it all sounds too familiar to me, but you have hit cooperation much faster than Boy ever did. i think the water thing is supposed to suppress motivation to wake. i'm working harder on that with Oona this time around, forcing her to settle herself more often.
keep up the good work, i-eeeee.
By
Anonymous, at 2:23 PM, November 14, 2006
What cute pictures of Drake!! You and Lance are a great mommy and daddy!! I didn't know he wasn't sleeping through the night yet. I could have told ya to leave him in his bed, and he'd go back to sleep. Oh, well. Sometimes we learn the hard way.
By
Anonymous, at 1:28 PM, November 15, 2006
Thanks Unacoder! Yeah, sleep is very important for Mommies and Daddies. I love your pict by the way!
By
Angelique, at 1:11 PM, November 17, 2006
Unfortunately, it hasn't been that simple with Drake. He is a very willful and stubborn child... just like someone else I know (me). We tried just leaving him in his crib and not getting him a few times - he screamed and cried for 2.5 hours till we checked on him. This has been a whole different plan. Basically, I gradually stopped feeding him in the night by giving him watered down milk, which he doesn't like. So now he doesn't get fed during the night. Then, if he wakes up in the night I don't go into his room till he starts babbling because I realized that he cries in his sleep. Once he starts babbling I know he's awake and I'll go and give him a long hug and then comfort him in his crib. And eventually ask him to lay down, I tuck him in and gradually walk backward out of the room till he's asleep. I do not bring him into my bedroom to sleep at all. Last night he slept through the night! Yay!
By
Angelique, at 1:23 PM, November 17, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home