Angelique's Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Pie Crust & Stickers


We had a fun weekend at home. We did some window shopping to get ideas for christmas gifts for us and from us. I also had a chance to go through some of our mail that had been piling up and in one of those credit card offers were a bunch of stickers showing pictures that you could have on your credit card. Drake loved playing with them. At first he stuck them to his shirt, then he started sticking them to his face. I think there is a picture of me somewhere with a bunch of those lickable stamps, you got in junk mail for book offers, stuck to my face like a beard. I guess this strange behavior runs in the family!

We bought our very first christmas tree, it is an artificial tree and prelit with the large colorful lights. I spent all of sunday evening putting it together and putting the lights on - 3 hours. But there aren't enough plugs in the tree for the lights, so I will have to call customer service. When Drake came downstairs on Monday morning he was immediately drawn to the large, new object in the house. He likes to touch the branches... and the lights which I tell him are hot and to not touch them. I showed Drake the foot peddles to turn the lights on and off (because half of the tree lights up) and guess what he was doing all day on Monday...

Sunday we did some grocery shopping and we were going to have cheesy ham & potatoes for dinner. But L dropped the bag with the eggs in it so we had to make something with the eggs that were cracked but not spilled. We decided to make quish. This is a picture of Drake helping me make my famous single-crust pie shell for the quish. He spread out the flour (it took him the same time it took me to create the blob of dough). Then we both flattened the dough ball, I rolled it out, and Drake munched on the bits of dough on the edges. It was great fun!

3 Comments:

  • Drake is too cute! I think I might have to eat him when y'all come visit. And I'm glad y'all are okay after all the flooding. (I meant to comment that day, but for some reason it wouldn't let me, so I'm doing it now. Yay.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 AM, November 22, 2006  

  • I found your blog! I even made a syndicated community for you on livejournal so your livejournal friends can read your updates (http://syndicated.livejournal.com/angeliquejb/)
    It was great to see you over break!
    ~R

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 AM, November 28, 2006  

  • Oh great!! I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

    I enjoyed seeing you too, and meeting B. :) Looking forward to seeing you again!

    By Blogger Angelique, at 9:15 AM, November 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home