
This was not one of our best holidays. My husband had to work while we were on vacation - he tried to participate in family activities too and ended up working through the nights. Drake couldn't sleep in the new room or the pack-n-play (he is too big for it), which ment I couldn't sleep because I had to stay-up with him. And the cherry-on-top was that Drake and I caught runny/stuffy noses which makes both of us grumpy this week. So after the vacation, my whole family is more tired and run-down then we were before we left! We question whether this trip was worth it, and contemplate future trips.

Sleeping issues and working-while-on-vacation aside we still had a good time visiting with family, especially the extended family that I get to see about 3 times a year. I forgot my camera this trip, so the pictures were provided by my Mother-in-Law. The weather was so beautiful! The first picture is of Daddy & Drake playing outside while Mommy is taking a nap (that's me, I call myself Mommy for Drake's benefit). The second picture is of Drake standing outside at Grandpa and Nana's house. And I don't know what they are looking at in the third picture, but Drake wants it! I can just hear him saying "Git Git" (meaning Get).

So now that we are back home, Drake is sleeping through the night again. But he is having a difficult time falling asleep. This may be caused by a few things: he was up till about 10pm every night on vacation, we converted his crib to a toddler bed at home, we are cutting him down to one bottle per day right before bed, and he has a stuffy nose which is annoying when he is trying to fall asleep. So, for the next few days, we will try to get Drake back on his regular schedule and get him used to the toddler bed and more sippy cups. He seemed like he was ready for the toddler bed because he would try to get in his crib for bedtime before we went on holiday. I'm also hoping this will help prepare him to sleep on a matress on the floor for our next travels.
3 Comments:
Doh - stupid Blogger. Logging into beta just ate my comment. The gist of it was, I'm sorry y'all are rundown and sick. :( Get better soon!
By
Anonymous, at 11:21 AM, November 30, 2006
Awwwe. Thanks! We are trying.
By
Angelique, at 8:25 AM, December 01, 2006
I hope this doesn't mean you'll come back home even fewer times. :(
I've had vacations like this, and worse. The good thing is, in years to come, you'll laugh about it. Really. Well, sort of. I hope you're all feeling better, Baby. I love you.
By
Aunt Diana, at 4:38 AM, December 03, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home