Angelique's Blog

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tattoos & Firsts


We had a great weekend. Drake helped me clean the house - he's getting good at putting his toys away, and handing me dishes to go in or come out of the dishwasher. L's parents came to visit on their way back up north. The most fun I had was at the playground. Drake laughed so hard when he let Puppy go down the slide and Papa threw it back to him. Me and Nana got a chance to go on the swings - one of my favorite activities on the playground. I think Drake loves the swings too because he was on there longer then I was!


Drake had his first temporary tatoo yesterday. It's strange how his attitude has changed because he never wanted anything stuck to his skin, such as marker, temporary tatoos, or bandaids. This was about 3-4 months ago. And for some reason, now he can't get enough!


So Drake had his first experience of commercialism yesterday! L and Drake were watching TV and an ad came on for Goldfish. Drake likes to eat goldfish. He occasioanlly makes a spectacle of eating them, I think he pretends he is a shark. Anyway, after the commercial he turns to L and says, "Goldfish speese" with his super please where he hugs himself and rocks side-to-side (it's hard to resist the super please). Well, we keep a stock of Goldfish in the house so L gave him some.



Drake says lots of cute things, but this one got many laughs. We had some friends over last night and Drake was starting to feel comfortable and was talking with everyone there and he said, "Puppy is cute!" (puppy is his favorite stuffed animal), then he said, "Mommy is cute", THEN he said, "Daddy is too heavy". I couldn't believe it! My husband could loose some pounds and he has been trying to, but he is not fat. So this is the first instance that I think can be applied to that saying - Out of the Mouths of Babes - or however it goes.
I finished my last batch of potholders a couple of weeks ago! There were a couple of neat ones I made that I forgot to photograph. Oh well. So I am working on two sewing projects right now. A quilt square for a secret quilt, and the finishing touches on my Roman garb for this weekend.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home