Well, it's new to me!
My car died last week and left me stranded on a back road. It outlived our expectations and was a great car. It was a green-blue '96 Ford Escort wagon that we nick-named Forest Dragon. When we bought it in 1999, it had 32,000 miles on it and when we junked it, it had 160,000! It didn't start having real problems till it hit 130K. It was such a good car and we traveled all over the eastern coast with that car. I will miss it.

Now we are used to being a 2-car family and since both of us work different schedules it would be difficult for us to share one car. So we decided to get a new car. I spent a few evenings researching used cars in my area and finding out about the good makes and models. I spent a whole day looking at cars (yes, I spent my birthday day looking at cars). That was a very exhausting day! I also found out that the good used cars sell quickly. I read ads from the sunday paper and 2/3 of the good ones were sold by wednesday! So, after all of my searching I decided on this '01 Chevy Cavelier. It's green, but you can't really notice it from the picture. Now I have to come up with a good nick-name for the car. My very first car was a Plymouth Horizon called the Snow Yeti because even though it was a very small car it was killer in the snow. Our other vehicle is nick-named Element the Elephant (Honda Element). So if you have any nick-name suggestions I would love to hear them :)
3 Comments:
in honor of the day, i suggest "wee leprechaun"
By
Hokey, at 9:39 AM, March 17, 2007
That is a cute car!
I am not really good at nicknaming cars. My first car was a green Grand Am, that we (me and my sis) named "Scully" because Scully was driving a green Grand Am in the X-files that season.
I did not name the Taurus. And I call the Hybrid, "the Hybrid."
:( Poor nameless cars.
Happy birthday!!
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 5:42 AM, March 19, 2007
We also need another car. Our Ford Tauras broke down, and we are used to being a 2 car family. (even though I don't work) ok, I do work, just not outside the home, anyway, it's much more convenient, and I got to take my kids to school too. We are still in the process of looking. Glad you found one you liked!! Hope you find a good nick-name. I'm sure you will.
mary t.
By
Anonymous, at 11:45 AM, March 22, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home