First Snow & DVDs
So we had our first snow of the season last weekend! This is very late in the year for the first snow. I was really looking forward to playing out in the snow with Drake this year. We dressed Drake up in his snowsuit and he cried while we were dressing him up. He cried afterwards, the whole time we were outside. He didn't stop crying till we were back inside and he had all of his snow clothes off. I guess he didn't want to go outside - which is unlike Drake. He LOVES being outside! I was very disappointed at the time, but I'm over it now. These first two pictures are of Drake protesting the outdoors.So on Monday I was watching Drake and I had to change our porch light because it had burnt
out... it has been burnt out for over a week and it appeared that the tall man of the house wasn't going to fix the light. I am short and we don't have a ladder, so I dragged a dinning room chair outside on the porch. Drake had been asleep in the car, so I brought him inside and put him on the couch. I left the door open, but kept the storm door closed. As I was standing on the chair fumbling with the screws on the light fixture, I see these eyes looking up at me through the storm door window and hear a knocking on the door. Drake had woke up. He came out on the porch, climbed up onto the chair with me, and was trying to help. So I picked him up (while standing on the chair) and after I installed the light, I asked him to let me know when the light came on. I flipped the switch and he pointed at it and exclaimed something. It felt like a triumph because of how difficult it was for me and because Drake reacted to the light. Afterwards, he grabbed the sand toys on the porch and started to play in the snow! He only had his coat on, not his hats, mittens, or snowpants. He was digging in it like it was sand. Then his hands were getting cold and he slipped and fell, so we went inside. He played in the snow and enjoyed it!
out... it has been burnt out for over a week and it appeared that the tall man of the house wasn't going to fix the light. I am short and we don't have a ladder, so I dragged a dinning room chair outside on the porch. Drake had been asleep in the car, so I brought him inside and put him on the couch. I left the door open, but kept the storm door closed. As I was standing on the chair fumbling with the screws on the light fixture, I see these eyes looking up at me through the storm door window and hear a knocking on the door. Drake had woke up. He came out on the porch, climbed up onto the chair with me, and was trying to help. So I picked him up (while standing on the chair) and after I installed the light, I asked him to let me know when the light came on. I flipped the switch and he pointed at it and exclaimed something. It felt like a triumph because of how difficult it was for me and because Drake reacted to the light. Afterwards, he grabbed the sand toys on the porch and started to play in the snow! He only had his coat on, not his hats, mittens, or snowpants. He was digging in it like it was sand. Then his hands were getting cold and he slipped and fell, so we went inside. He played in the snow and enjoyed it!
Drake called me Mommy today! I wasn't home when he woke up this morning and asked my husband, "whe'is Mommy?". Then I spoke with him on the phone this afternoon and he called me Mommy! He says Mommy, not Mama, not I-yeeeee, Mommy. Yay!This last picture was taken by Drake. He takes pictures like me - I usually manage to somehow get my hand in the shot. And it is so appropriate that it's a picture of the Bambi DVD. He watches Bambi over and over every day! He loves it when the mouse washes his face in the rain drop, he loves the rain storm, he loves the ice sliding, and he always says "oh no!" all during the fire scene. We had all of the kid-appropriate DVDs on a shelf where he could reach them. We love it that he can pick out what he wants to watch. But he was trying to take a DVD out of the case and broke it in half! Have you ever tried to break a DVD - it's rather difficult, and I couldn't believe it! So we are going to put all of the DVDs in a binder, but leave the cases out for him to choose. Farewell Insectia Disc 3 - I will try to replace you later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home