Angelique's Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pillows


I am a craftsy person and one of my favorite things to do is to sew. My parents had upgraded my sewing machine to a really awesome Jenome one for christmas! It has alot more features then I'm used to and it sews much more smoothly then my old machine. It's like driving an old junky car where you feel every single bumb in the road versus a new car where the ride and steering is much smoother. Anyway, I wanted to post pictures of the pillows I made for all the boys for christmas.

The fabric for all of the pillows were fabric bundles. One bundle made 2 pillows with 9 squares plus backs, or 2 pillows with 16 squares and no backs. I made each boy 2 throw pillows that are 15-16 inches square. Drake's cousins were given tractor pillows because their new bedroom will have a tractor theme.

Drake's pillows are spiderman pillows (he picked out the fabric bundle at the store). I had to design a back for the spideman pillows because there wasn't enough fabric leftover for the back. So I decided on blue with a red stripe. The red stripe is flannel because I thought it would feel good to lay on, however, I wouldn't recommend using flannel because it is getting pilly. I like the pillow design because if he grows out of spiderman he can flip over the pillow to the blue and red design.

The project I am currently sewing are potholders. I plan to make 22 and give them away. I'm having fun with my new sewing machine! I'll post pictures when they are finished.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home