Angelique's Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Getting ready for the Holidays


So we are busily getting ready for the holidays. I am making throw pillows for Drake's cousins and I finished them over the weekend. Drake LOVES them. He took two of them while I was hand-sewing them closed and he decided to... lay on them, stuff them into his sleeping bag, play with his tractors and trucks on them, and rest his head on them while watching TV. So these pillows are Drake Approved! You can bet that I am making him pillows for christmas. They are Spiderman themed. You can see one of the tractor pillows in the first picture. Drake is also wearing one of my favorite shirts :)

While I was pinning the pillows together, Drake was keeping me company. This second picture is of Drake standing in the chair next to me while I'm pinning the fabric together. We haven't been able to figure-out what this face means, but he makes it alot. And he looks so much older in this picture! He is growing up too fast! It's so wonderful to see him grow and develop into his own person, and to see the parts of myself in him. But it's happening so fast that I feel like I don't have a chance to take it all in!


I don't want to ruin any surprises, but this last picture is of Drake making his gifts for family members. He surprisingly didn't make as big of a mess as I thought he would. The smock came from Drake's Nana - I think it belonged to L when he was little! We were using acrylic paint and I thought it wouldn't come off of our skin, but as long as you wipe it off shortly after the project the paint comes right off. Before we started painting, Drake took one of the brushes and ran into the coat closet. He likes to go in there, shut the door and wait till you call for him before he opens the door again, or jump out and say "boo!" (it's the kind of door that slides on a track, no handles or locks). But this time he was in there longer then usual, and when he came out he no longer had the paint brush! We discovered that there is a small hole in the closet between the wall and the door molding because he had shoved the paintbrush into it and it was lodged into the wall! It took about 8 full minutes for L to dig the paintbrush out of the wall! I wonder if Drake has put anything else in that crack in the wall? I am missing a ruler...

1 Comments:

  • Hee! I had a hole I put stuff in too - it got closed up after I put my grandmother's engagement ring in. Which somehow they magically got back out, and gave to me a couple years ago, so I was happy about that. But yeah, might want to check the hidey hole for more goodies. I put anything that'd fit in mine - I think it was where an old electric outlet had been removed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM, December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home