Angelique's Blog

Monday, December 04, 2006

Short Weekend

I had a short weekend because I had to work noon to 8pm on Saturday. It's ok, I had last Monday off - my work week shifted from Monday to Friday, to Tuesday to Saturday. So I finished setting up our new Christmas tree (we fluffed the branches), I may be getting more ornaments from my parents next week - I'm not sure yet. Drake LOVES the Batmobile, Tractor, and Sheep w/Shephard ornaments on the tree. I finished putting out the Christmas decorations. Drake LOVES the singing snowmen. He will stand in front of the table they are on (just his height) and press all of the buttons so they are all singing at once! It's funny because the first year Hallmark released the singing snowmen I thought the commercial was cheesy and it was a silly product. So, of course, L finagled a way for someone to get it for me as a Christams gift, and I have been getting one every year ever since! Since then, they have grown on me and I like them! Last, we put some lights up in our front yard. We need 2-3 more strands of lights to get all of our bushes out front lit. Compared to our neighbors, our house looks like a white dwarf among supergiants. They have moving reindeer, candycane decals in the windows, and those neat spiral trees, as well as the usual lights in the bushes and icicle lights on their house. I don't mind, christmas decorating is alot of work and requires a lot of storage space. Its slightly discouraging because we put effort into decorating our place and it pales in comparison to the other houses.

This weekend we also had some time to play basketball. I started the Christmas gifts for my nephews. I will post pictures once they are finished. They are moving into a new house and my Sister-in-Law is decorating their room with a John Deere Tractor theme. My Mom has gotten them comforters for their beds, so I am making pillows. My parents upgraded my sewing machine as an early Christmas gift, so I will get to try it out for the first time! It is a VERY nice sewing machine and I am excited to use it.

2 Comments:

  • Drake is getting so big... can't wait to see you guys when you come down to visit, thanks for keeping the blog up to date! :O)

    By Blogger Jen, at 3:16 PM, December 04, 2006  

  • So you see...... Maybe it wouldn't be too cheesy to all dress up in Renaissance clothing for a Christmas picture! Love you, and have a WONDERFUL, MERRY CHRISTMAS.

    By Blogger Aunt Diana, at 5:13 AM, December 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home