Bottle Wars, Box Sliding, and a Cabinet

These are some of Drake's favorite activities. Isn't it great that the activites Drake has the most fun doing don't require expensive toys. I was trying to pick-up the house for company last week. And the numerous empty Code Red Mountain Dew bottles that my husband leaves all over the house were annoying me, so I started picking them up and throwing them into a pile in the middle of the living room floor. Next thing I see is L and Drake swinging the bottles at each other like swords! One-handed, two-handed, the boys falling over from the blows, bottles flying through the air from being knocked out of their hands! I tried to join-in the frey but got hit in the nose and it made my eyes water, so I took pictures instead.

If you have read my previous blog entry where I mentioned that Drake likes to hide in the coat closet (Dec. 12, 2006), it may not surprise you that he also likes to hide in his cabinet. He had too many large toys downstairs and I had an empty cabinet in the living room, so I gave it to Drake to put his big toys in. Well, he has decided that he likes to climb in there with his toys. In this picture, I was putting his toys away and I guess he figured he needed to be put away too! He also likes to climb on the bottom shelf with a pillow and rest his head for a moment. And, he likes to get in the cabinet and hide.

The most fun we have is an activity we call box sliding. This gigantic box is from our christmas tree. I foolishly thought we would be able to repack our tree in this box, so I kept it (plus Drake likes to hide in it. there is a hole in the box that we pass toys back and forth through - which is also fun). So after the tree was packed-up and moved into the basement, I was going to throw the box away with the recycling, but L asked me not to. One evening, Drake had gotten on top of the box (which he couldn't do before because I had christmas boxes piled on top of it) and it collapsed out from under him! He had a huge smile on his face and wanted to do it again. He will prop-up the box, climb on top of the box, and say "git git", you are supposed to release the box and he goes sliding down. It's great fun, especially in this cold weather we've been having.
If you have read my previous blog entry where I mentioned that Drake likes to hide in the coat closet (Dec. 12, 2006), it may not surprise you that he also likes to hide in his cabinet. He had too many large toys downstairs and I had an empty cabinet in the living room, so I gave it to Drake to put his big toys in. Well, he has decided that he likes to climb in there with his toys. In this picture, I was putting his toys away and I guess he figured he needed to be put away too! He also likes to climb on the bottom shelf with a pillow and rest his head for a moment. And, he likes to get in the cabinet and hide.
2 Comments:
OMG. Tell Drake to stop being so darn cute, because he's seriously hurting my "no-babies-for-me" campaign. Yeesh.
But seriously, your kid is soooooo freaking cute.
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 5:36 AM, January 18, 2007
Thanks! I can't believe how cute he is too. And how great the fun times are.
I think having Drake is wonderful, and if you are going to have kids you better do it while you have energy. You'll be dealing with sleepless nights, consistent reminders about behavior, playing with someone who has boundless energy, and you'll lose almost all of your time for yourself!
By
Angelique, at 7:38 AM, January 22, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home