Superbowl & Potholders
About a week ago I finished my first batch of potholders. This is a picture of most of the first batch (remember they are in pairs, so there were actually twice as many as shown here). I made the spiderman ones for my husband since he likes to cook. I worked on my second batch during the Superbowl and I'm almost done with them.So we had a fun weekend! We played in the snow, visited family in New York City, watched the Superbowl on a huge TV, and ended the weekend on monday with a relaxing day at home (I stayed in my pajamas and never left the house!). What a great weekend!

While we were in NYC, Drake rode the subway for the first time - which he called, choo choo train. We went to Times Square for dinner and ate at Dave & Busters then played video games. That was alot of fun! Tangent: We weren't thinking when we left the apartment and forgot to pack diapers & wipes for Drake, so we had to buy some in Times Square at a drug store. The line was ridiculously long, only one cashier, about 6 employees hanging-out on the floor, and one security guard by the door. The dinner and dessert were great. The games were fun too. I played skee ball, Drake played a truck game and he did really well. You had to drop coins into the dump trucks, with a twist... the coin traveled down a moving arm so you had to time it just right for the coin to land in the truck. Drake had a bit of trouble getting the coin in the slot - I think it's because the first game he tried, the coin was inserted horizontally, but for the truck game it was inserted vertically. Once the coin was in the slot, he waited to release it! We gave him 15 tokens and he made the last 5 into the trucks! I was so amazed that he understood the concept of the game and was succeeding. We picked out prizes with the tickets he won and he had a great time. Daddy and Uncle T played Madden, Drake was sitting between them and wanted to play so badly. He pushed the pause button a couple times.
The next day, we visited Uncle D & Aunt A to watch the Superbowl. They have a very large TV - it was very cool. There was a lot of good food and great company. I enjoy the Superbowl because I like to watch the commercials (which were a disappointment this year), and to enjoy time with family (there was a good turn-out this year). We left a little sooner than I would have liked - I wanted to see the trophy given away and the MVP award, but the folks we were dropping off had to get back home. Then we left Manhatten, and I don't know how we did it but we left the City and never crossed a bridge. We were following the signs for the GW Bridge but never went over it. Oh well!
4 Comments:
Sounds like a great weekend!
Those potholders are the bomb. Could you point me to a pattern, or instructions? That would be awesome, and I could make some for myself. Woo woo.
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 6:23 AM, February 07, 2007
I didn't use a pattern, I made it up from reading about different patterns online. I'll send you a write-up.
By
Angelique, at 8:45 AM, February 07, 2007
Thanks! Awesome.
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 11:27 AM, February 09, 2007
excellent job on the potholders!!
By
Anonymous, at 8:46 AM, February 11, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home