Angelique's Blog

Monday, May 07, 2007

We had another fun weekend. Nana and Papa came to watch Drake while my husband and I went to an SCA event. They had a really fun time, everyone was pooped by the end of the day! L and I had fun too at the event, and I was happy to get home in time to see Drake before he went to bed.



Drake has been drawing! And he knows what he is drawing because you can ask him 3 days later what the picture is that he drew and he will tell you the same thing! This first picture is Drake's drawing of Mommy! It was so endeering to come home and be shown a picture of me that my child drew! You can kind-of see it. Yellow for hair, black for the shoulders, blue for the face. He has also drawn Rocket from Little Einstines and a racecar (I think).




So yesterday he would not take a nap. We walked to the grocery store before dinner and Drake rode in his red wagon. He fell asleep on the way to the store and didn't wake-up till we took him out of the wagon back at home! We had to strap him into the wagon because we were afraid he would fall out while he was nodding-off. You can also see his new dinosaur hat in this picture. Generally, he won't wear hats but he'll wear this one because of the dinosaur.



He likes to wear temporary tatoos and he has one on his arm of Kiera Knightly from the Pirates of the Caribbean. If you ask him what it's a picture of he will tell you that it's a picture of Mommy! I love it that even though I can't be home with him during the day, he can still feel like I am with him.
I can't believe how old Drake looks in this last picture. He is wearing his Mickey Mouse shirt, which he loves and requests to wear often. We were in doors and he didn't want to take off his hat so I put it on him backwards. You can see him playing with his trains here too. He slept with all of his trains in his bed last night: Thomas, Percy, Diesel 10, Toby, and the musical kaboose. This is great because it will mean that when we go for a ride on Thomas the Train he will have a great time.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home