Apple Picking & the Zoo
While I attended a workshop, my husband and Drake went apple picking with L's parents. They had a great time. They couldn't find any apples of a certain type within arms reach, so L put Drake on his shoulders to pick a couple apples. It was tricky because he had to use two hands to pick the apple and he didn't want to let go of Daddy, but he managed it. This apple orchard also had a wooden train that the kids could sit on, and a real old-time tractor and fire truck that kids could climb on. It had pigs, as well as other animals. Quite a lot for an orchard. Later that weekend I made apple crisp with some of the apples they picked. It was yummy, but not the best I've made.
Then I attended Builders House Tours, where area builders showcase their best homes for the year, with my Mom and Aunt. That was fun because we saw a wide range of dwellings from a condo to a house worth 2.1 million. Each house had something neat about it. I found out that I don't like mis-matched counter tops and cabinetry in the kitchen. I like Jack and Jill Bathrooms as long as they have pocket doors in between them. I don't like the contemporary style furnishings and fixtures - not a warm feeling in the house. You can get a home sound system that you can plug your iPod into. Home theatres are really neat. There is a style of sun room called a conservatory that is absolutely beautiful. One house had something that looked like a tower from the outside, and inside they had extended the ceiling up so high into this tower-like thing that there is no way you could dust the light fixture at the top!
So while I was on this tour, L and Drake went to the zoo with L's parents and Uncle D. It was a great little zoo! It was in Schenectady and called something like Game Animal Preserve. All of the animals were raised by the man running the zoo which is why they were so friendly. The big cats were all leash trained. There were lions, tigers, a bobcat, leopard, bears, alligators, peacocks, mcaws, macacks, tortoises, etc. (please excuse the hideous mis-spellings) They had a great time :)

8 Comments:
Awesome! But what is a Jack and Jill bathroom?
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 11:14 AM, October 03, 2007
Hmmmm - two bedrooms with their own bathroom that has a sink and toilet. Connecting them is a room with a bathtub. The best layout I saw was very symmetrical with the bathtub in the middle.
By
Angelique, at 11:32 AM, October 03, 2007
Oh man, that's brilliant!
By
kathyeffingjacobs, at 5:28 AM, October 04, 2007
wow- sounds like good times.
By
Mommy America, at 9:30 AM, October 09, 2007
Is Drake holding the puppy we got him? I was just curious. I don't care if it's not.
By
Mommy America, at 9:32 AM, October 09, 2007
It is the puppy you all got for him!!! He loves it so much, that puppy goes with him everywhere. He likes to explain things to puppy, read to him, play with him, etc. The Record and Play buttons don't work anymore, but Drake doesn't mind.
By
Angelique, at 11:00 AM, October 09, 2007
oh funny story - someone else gave him a puppy that is very similar. When Puppy had to take a bath in the washing machine we gave Drake this other puppy and called it his back-up puppy. After about 5-10 minutes of playing with this puppy, he gave it back to me and said "I have no back-up puppy"
By
Angelique, at 11:04 AM, October 09, 2007
ohhhh..... How cute!!!! I've seem him with this puppy in several pictures, but didn't know it was the same one. I just picked it up at JC Penny because I thought it was just the softest thing I've ever felt. I'm glad he likes it so much!! Just like David's still attached to his "bubby bear" your mom got him when he was born. He won't go one night without him. Even at 5 1/2 years old.
By
Mommy America, at 10:10 AM, October 24, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home