Angelique's Blog

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Dinosaurs & Quilt



Drake LOVES dinosaurs! Kohls has great dinosaur books and dinosaur stuffed animals, we recently got him dinosaur sheets for his bed, he has a bucket of little plastic dinosaurs that he carries around and plays with. A good friend of mine gave Drake a dinosaur stuffed animal. It was so wierd because he was just asking for that very one a couple of days before it was given to him. So he was cute as usual - he took it home and introduced it to his favorite stuffed animal Puppy Dog, he calls it Baby Brontasaurus. Drake had Puppy and Baby Brontasaurus play together and then he read books to the dinosaur. The first picture is Drake showing Baby Brontasaurus one of his books. It was so neat to watch him do this!




So the next two pictures show a quilt I made for Drake a really long time ago. I saw a Batman Bundle at the fabric store and used it to make this really awsome quilt. I love Batman, and boys like superheros, so I figured this was a great opportunity to merge the two. These pictures were taken long after I made the quilt. Drake is probably closer to 2 in the last picture, and closer to 2.5 in the first picture.




There is a big difference between 2 and 2.5 years old. Verbally, all of the words he has been hearing and you weren't sure if he was listening to, are coming out when you least expect it. Just normal things, like he's lying on the floor and starts whining and you ask him what's wrong and he says "I'm not comfortable". When did he pick up the word comfortable? He gets into a hot car and asks for the air conditioner to be turned on. Lately I've been working on the question why. I finally got him to tell me why he doesn't like to wear a particular pair of shorts. After asking him every different way I could think-of for "why" and with the threat of me putting the shorts on him, he finally told me that "I don't like sleep in them". Fair enough, we picked out a different pair of shorts.


Aside from verbal differences, behaviorally he's different too. His play is much more imaginative and interactive. He plays more with his toys in a social way. He'll be the blue monster truck and hand you the ambulance and says "let's go play". He'll have short conversations between his truck and you as your vehicle. It's really neat.


I started this post last week and am just now finishing it on Sept. 10th. Sheesh! I've been busy!

1 Comments:

  • Just wait is a few more years when he uses the word "conversation". Abby was cute the other day, she told daddy, "Well, me and mommy were just having a conversation about that". Me and Rob just looked at each other and laughed.@@

    By Blogger Mommy America, at 9:38 AM, October 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home