Angelique's Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

NYC Trip

I went to a conference in NYC late last week and the family came with me to visit Drake's Uncles. They had a terrific day with "just the guys". Uncle T and Uncle D took the day off, they played video games and visited parks. Drake chased birds in a park in Queens and the funny thing is that the birds are so used to people that they don't fly away. He still asks to chase birds, but here they just fly away. After we came back home, he was asking about his uncles. Daddy and Drake visited the Guggenheim on the second day. This first picture is of Drake looking at an exhibit made of mirrors at the Guggenheim. I heard that there was an exhibit that looked like a lot of fun, but the music was too loud and Drake wouldn't go in the room. It was a great trip. I would love to do it again for fun.




I finally mowed our yard yesterday! Well... I was mowing, then I slipped on the grass clumps and fell down the hill on the side of our house into the neighbor's yard. In all of my years of mowing... about 15 years, this was the first time I've been so happy to have an emergency release bar on the mower. After my husband saw me tumble down the hill with the mower following, he finished mowing while Drake and I raked the yard. It looks very nice. For this second picture, Drake had just fallen down the hill while riding his ZaneyZoo toy. This was the same hill I fell down. After he got back on his toy, I asked him to smile. He wouldn't smile, but he would say "smile" and exaggerate his pronounciation. So this is a picture of him saying the "i" in smile. It's a great picture.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home