Angelique's Blog

Friday, June 01, 2007

Rides!



During the extra long weekend, in addition to the stuff in my last post, we rode Thomas the Train. We have been planning for this train ride for more then 2 months. It was alot of fun and I was impressed with the way the train station organized the activities. Drake got his picture taken with Sir Topham Hatt and Thomas the Train, he walked through a haybale maze, he got a temporary tatoo, he played in the Imagination Station where they had crafts and train sets to play with, there were even 2 bouncy-bounces (Drake is too small for that yet), and of course we rode in a passenger car of Thomas the Train. All of the activites came with the train tickets. We sat on the side of the train overlooking the river and Drake loved the ride! It was great because everyone waves to you when you leave and arrive in the station.




My parents have a bicycle in my Dad's garage. Drake tried to ride it for the second time. This time his feet could reach the peddles. He couldn't pump the peddles though. I'm not sure if he didn't understand how to do it, or he just wasn't strong enough. He could get it to move a couple of inches on his own, but I think it was because he would throw his weight forward. Anyway, we could push the bike and he would steer very well! I think he ran into me once and the garage door once, but that was it!




I had taken over 90 pictures last weekend, so it has been difficult to choose which ones to post. Laters.


4 Comments:

  • oh my. Is the Thomas in Saratoga? My newphew would go NUTS over that!

    By Blogger Sarah Maximiek, at 11:16 AM, June 07, 2007  

  • My kids would have REALLY enjoyed this. I'm glad Drake had a good time.

    Have you considered getting Drake a Tricycle first?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:25 AM, June 08, 2007  

  • oh, the anonymous is me- Mary. I don't know why I can't publish my name like others on here......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 AM, June 08, 2007  

  • It's called a Day Out With Thomas http://www.ticketweb.com/thomas.html and they go all over the nation. We went to the Upper Hudson River Railroad in North Creek, NY. There was also one in Medina, NY.

    Drake has a tricycle, but a few months ago his feet didn't reach the peddles. It's in the house, we should give it another try.

    By Blogger Angelique, at 1:21 PM, June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home