Angelique's Blog

Monday, May 21, 2007

Mother's Day, Haircut, and Quilt Squares


I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Drake picked out a card that had a Mommy Dog and a puppy on it for me, he also drew a red shoe on the envelope. L gave me a pretty card and some cash to buy flowers. I have been thinking about getting perennials or bulbs to plant around the house, so this was great! We spent the day buying flowering plants, and vegetable plants for our sunroom. Drake and I planted them, and we have been watering the vegetables together. I don't remember what flowers I picked out, but I learned that there is a difference for partial shade and deep shade plants, and the type of shade can be determined based on which side of the house you are planting (N S E W). For veggies, I picked out roma tomatoes for the boys, yellow squash, and cucumbers. For outside, I remember that I picked out strawberry plants, irises, a holly bush (that will grow much larger then I would like because I misread the label), periwinkle, a flowering grass, and foxglove.





In the first picture, you can see that we finally gave Drake a haircut! He hates it so much that we wait as long as we can to do it. I am wearing a new dress that L's parents got for me, a sweater that L's grandmother knitted, and a necklace that L's Mom made for me. It's a great outfit.







In the next picture, you can see the quilt squares my husband and I made for the secret quilt. My sqare is on top and L's is on the bottom. And yes, L did the embroidery on his square; it is something he is very good at, and it surprises folks that he embroiders!







We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary this month. It was an important mile-marker in my life because this year L and I have been together for half of my life. From now on, L and I will have spent more years together then as individuals in our lives. After the wee-one went to bed, we watched a movie and played board games together. We haven't done that in ages! It was fun.

4 Comments:

  • I can't wait to see pictures of your yard when the plants grow in. Hey, that reminds me, I'm still waiting for a picture of Drake's room!

    By Blogger Jen, at 10:31 AM, May 21, 2007  

  • I know I've been dragging my feet on the picts. I've been hesitant because I want there to be a good reason for you to come visit me. ;) We are putting the finishing touches on the murals. I'll post a picture soon.

    By Blogger Angelique, at 10:43 AM, May 21, 2007  

  • Congrats on the anniversary! And Happy Mother's Day!

    That sweater is awesome! (I mean, the whole outfit is very nice, but as a knitter, the sweater caught my eye first.)

    By Blogger kathyeffingjacobs, at 6:47 AM, May 22, 2007  

  • That was a pretty outfit- love the quilt square!! Doesn't it just throw your mind when you think about how fast time goes by? 10 years is like nothing. Rob and I will be celebrating our 8th wedding year. wow- I can't believe it. Sure doesn't seem that long.......

    mary

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 AM, June 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home