Angelique's Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Father's Day & SCA Event


We had a laid-back Father's Day. We started the day with Drake giving Daddy the Aquaman shirt while Drake was wearing his Aquaman shirt. That shirt was my husband's when he was little. I am so amazed that it survived this long - 25 years and 2 younger brothers. We suspect Drake will be a big person when he is done growing. That yellow shirt fit L when he was 4, and it fits Drake perfectly now (he's 2). After gift-giving, we packed our stuff from the camping trip and drove back home for half the day. Once we were settled, we hung-out and took this picture. L asked Drake to point to Mommy. Usually when you ask him to look at the camera he doesn't - I think he is going through that stage where he knows he can say "no" and doesn't do as you ask to prove that he is independent. But Daddy made it fun to point at Mommy :) What a great Daddy!



We had a great time camping at an SCA event in Pennsylvannia. This second picture is of Drake wearing a tunic I made for him out of the scraps from a tunic I made for L. Our tent was in a great location, thanks to someone who camped with us - you know who you are! It was in the shade, with grass and trees, and a fence blocking Drake from running into the road. We saw horses for the equestrian activities (Drake fed a horse a carrot), we rode in tractor wagons (Drake couldn't get enough!), Drake got to see the archery, fencing and heavy fighting, and we ate ice cream! Drake relaxing under a tree an eating a bagel (bedoe in Drake speak, took me an entire morning and a lot of tears of frustration to figure that one out) in this second picture.



So I was pulled over by a cop and received my first speeding ticket. Boo! I called the ADA and had it reduced - I didn't know you could do that until my friend suggested it. Well, I have not sped since and the drives feel sooooo looooooong. Oh well.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home