Angelique's Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Texas






We went on vacation to Texas to visit family. I had a great time seeing relatives that I haven't seen in 10 years, 20 for my cousins. I enjoyed spending time with my cousin and her kids, and my aunt & uncle. We spent a few days in Corpus Christi at a beach house. I love visiting the beach. Drake did his usual wave-jumping with Daddy (first picture), chasing birds, and playing in the sand. He also came to the beach with me one morning to see the sunrise.




We visited NASA Houston. It wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, but I'm glad I went. The best part for me was attending a show called Blast Off because the presenter talked about the current missions and astronauts in space now. They had a new circus theme for their exhibits, I didn't really see how that fit-in with NASA, and some of the exhibits seemed old, like there were broken parts of the exhibits. I walked a tight rope for the first time - that was fun.


I think the best activity we did was the Texas State Aquarium. Drake loved the dolphins. I touched sea creatures, and a hermit crab pinched me when I picked it up (I was expecting it). We saw a dolphin show, and viewed the USS Lexington from the overlook at the aquarium.

That's about all for now. I'm catching-up at work and have been busy. Laters.

2 Comments:

  • Wow, I didn't know you had family in Texas, that's awesome. Drake looks like he's having an awesome time there with that dolphin :)

    By Blogger Jen, at 4:06 PM, October 19, 2007  

  • He LOVED the dolphins! He kept running back and forth in front of the window when the dolphins swam by - I think he was pretending he was swimming with them.

    Yeah - I have seen them once every 10 years. So this visit was very special.

    By Blogger Angelique, at 7:12 AM, November 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home