Angelique's Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just Passing Through



So L went to an SCA event last weekend and to get there he had to drive right through our hometown. Impromptu trip! It was fortunate that we visited because we were able to see my Grandfather one last time before he passed away. I wasn't really close to my Grandfather, he was a very stoic man. But the loss of an entire generation saddens me, and his death has greatly affected my family. His passing has surfaced so many questions about his life and his friends that I am drawn-in to the story as it unfolds.

Drake had a ton of fun playing with his cousins, and setting-up the new answering machine, and sitting on tractors, and looking at pictures of the grandbunnies (he insists that Grandma needs one of Seamus), and helping Grandma make pancakes. He also had a turn on the massage chair (the first picture).
We had a fun time at home cleaning last night. One of the benefits of having friends over is that it forces us to clean the house. The second picture is of Drake being flown around in a Lego bin. He is growing so fast, soon he won't be able to fit in that bin. I will occasionally fly him around in a laundry basket or a box - he loves it! But I get a back-ache so I don't do it very often.
These two pictures are good examples of Drake's smile when you ask him to smile for the camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home