Angelique's Blog

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Ice Storm Fun


There was an ice storm last friday in which me and Drake were stuck at home. L had to work and Preschool was canceled. We had so much fun that day! We played with toys, including my old Fisher Price doll house and school house. Then Drake made a really long chain of monkeys and hung it from the drawer all himself (first picture). Oh, check-out his Star Wars shirt. My sister in law found it, it's awsome and Drake loves it. He calls C3PO, CPPO. And after watching Episode 4 he likes to have R2D2 and C3PO facing up on his pillow case. He used to like BubbaFet.



I was planning to salt and shovel the ice off our walk so we bundled-up, but I couldn't even budge the shovel. So we played outside instead. Drake slid down the hill in his snowpants as you can see from the picture. It doesn't look like a good hill to slide on, but the whole thing was ice. I had jeans on and decided I would use the sled to slide and I was going way too fast and almost couldn't stop before the drop-off. Then I decided to use the sled as a surfboard and move along the flat part of the yard; Drake had fun doing it with me. There was a small stream in our backyard and Drake put his mittens in it while playing. So I took his mittens off and we went inside, but Drake saw the sand table on our backporch and played for almost an hour and a half in his snow gear. Since I could see him from inside, I was able to catch-up on my laundry. Yay! Laundry is a never-ending chore, there's always a pile to clean or fold or hang or sort!


To top the day off, we made pizza for dinner. This last picture is Drake eating the stick of butter I gave him to grease the baking sheet for the pizza. I can't believe he could eat butter like that, I don't think I could stomach it! He also enjoyed eating the raw dough while we were spreading it out on the pan. Then he helped put the toppings on and he ate them too! And he still ate his dinner that night... is he growing again?!

2 Comments:

  • I agree with you on the laundry part. I feel the same way! That's funny that Drake like to eat butter; Gabriel and Sheldon like to eat it too. I'm always finding finger prints in the butter where they scooped it out. Yuck! They too also like to eat the pizza dough when ever we have pizza. Kids are so cute. Glad he likes his Star Wars shirt!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:02 AM, February 08, 2008  

  • On the butter thing--When Mary & Chris were that age, they ate like that too (as did you and Dale). There must be something in butter (i.e. the fat (which equals stored energy)) that childen that age really need.

    Uncle Loren

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM, February 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home