Angelique's Blog

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Technology and Visitors


It seems so strange to me to grow-up with technology. Just yesterday my son was sitting on the couch with my laptop on his lap trying to get my attention because he didn't know how to open the web browser to look-up Bionicle Ben 10 instructions for set combinations. Drake routinely watches cartoon episodes on my husband's iPod (shown here). He's four years old - my parents would never have let me handle something as expensive as an iPod when I was 4. The thing is, he's content and he knows how to use it. Occasionally he leaves it playing and walks away, but for the most part he is responsible with it. The touch screen is definately easier for him to use than a mouse or laptop touchpad. He can use a mouse but his fine motor skills are not quite there so it takes him multiple tries to select something, which frustrates him rather quickly. He also enjoys looking at toys on Ebay and watching childrens videos on YouTube.




My brother and his family visited me over the break. The three cousins had so much fun together! It was so nice to see them. We really wanted to go to the Jumping Jungle with them but they had changed their hours over the break so we went to the Trike Trot and Roll at Skate Estate. They also had a blast playing with Drake's toys.


L's parents also visited during the break. We had a good time. We went to ChuckECheese and Davia's favorite part was chewing on the plate. She hates the rides, I don't know why.
So this christmas was fun, but it was more about presents for Drake then in previous years. Probably because we had 6 separate occasions where gifts were exchanged. So everytime we went somewhere Drake asked if he was getting presents - it got old for me in a hurry. Maybe next year we can emphasize family and friends more, which is why I love christmas. I think it'll be difficult because when I was a kid I gauged how good christmas was by what presents I got. That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home