Angelique's Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pointy Kitty & Butterfly Conservatory




I finished 2 craft projects in the past week! Yay! One I will post today: Pointy Kitty. I downloaded the Pointy Kitty pattern (thanks Kathy for giving me the idea - I can't find the exact post in which I read about it on her blog). Drake and I went to the store and he picked out the fabrics. If I make another pointy kitty, I will pick contrasting colors rather then matching colors. He loves the pointy kitty, he named it Skippy Jon Jones (a siamese cat character in a children's book he has memorized). It took me 4 nights to complete, and one of those nights was dedicated to turning the sucker right-side-out!


There is a Butterfly Conservatory about an hour and 15 minutes from me. It held Drake & L's attentions for 1.5 hours. I could've stayed longer but I did see everything. It was smaller then other butterfly conservatories I have been to, but it was fun. There weren't just butterflies, there were chamelions, tortises, frogs, stick and leaf bugs, an iguana, and lots of birds. At first Drake was frightened of all of the butterflies flying around, and did not want one to land on him. There was a woman wearing bright fushia who had butterflies landing on her a lot! They landed on me and Drake, who were wearing red, but not long enough that I could take a picture. Admission was expensive for the small size of it, and the gift shop was marked rediculously high. There was an item there priced at $2 that we can buy at another store for 33 cents!It was fun. I would go again, but not for a while.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home